September 09, 2020
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY (Remote available)
Position: Full Time
Title: Assistant Bookkeeper
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able shop online from their favorite local stores as easy as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
- Accounting Tasks in QBO
a. Matching in the AMEX and bank accounts
b. Accounts Receivable - processing checks and researching anomalies
c. Accounts Payable - entering bills
- Supporting the ACH processes
a. Making adjustments in Finance
b. Completing and updating JIRA tickets
c. Matching ProfitStar deposits
- New and Expansion Contracts
a. Following the documentation from invoicing through to the Onboarding JIRA Ticket
b. Ensuring payment is received and updating JIRA Tickets so Sales is notified
- Primary Contact for all Contingent Employees
a. Adding Contingent Employees into Quickbooks and granting them time tracker access
b. Running Time Activity Reports and sending it out for Management approval
c. Adhering employees and managers to the deadline to submit/approve hours
d. Answering employee questions about time activity and pay
e. Updating Payroll settings to associate with them with the correct chart of accounts
- Update Quickbooks for all Salaried Employees
a. Updating Payroll settings to associate them with the correct chart of accounts b. Updating their deductions and salary changes
- Researching Withholding accounts and State Disability Plans as needed
a. Calling the states to find out information on how to open an account
b. Filling out paperwork
- Vanguard - Retirement
a. Processing the Contribution file twice a month by following the documentation
- Submit Sales Tax filings
- Updating and creating documentation in Confluence where changes have occurred and when it does not exist10. Scanning documents for Compliance Purposes
- Bachelor's degree or related field required
- Minimum 2 years of Quickbooks Online experience
- Strong knowledge of Zenefits, G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Learns quickly with both verbal and written communications
- Independent and Team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines required
- Strong time management, decision-making, and organizational skills
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
Our Core Values
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Preferred)
Ithaca, NY 14850 (Preferred)
United States (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible