Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
December 10, 2020
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY
Position: Full Time
Title: Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able shop online from their favorite local stores as easy as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a BI Developer/Analyst who has curiosity, an investigative mind-set, and enjoys working with internal and external clients in all areas of Business Intelligence and Analytics.
The ideal BI Developer combines attention to detail and accuracy with a passion for learning new techniques with enthusiasm. You are able to move seamlessly between hashing out requirements with users, and coding the resulting queries in SQL.
What You'll Do:
To fit this role you will be highly motivated, able to work independently and revel in problem-solving and looking for new solutions.
- Build data pipelines, transformations, and ETL processes to transform the company’s raw data into insights
- Analyze requirements and develop proposals of technical solutions
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Execute quantitative analyses and modeling that translates data into actionable insights
What You Should Have?
- 3 or more years of Experience in ETL, Business Intelligence, analytics and reporting platforms including experience using ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Datastage, Pentaho, Ab Initio, etc).
- 2 or more years of experience in a reporting and analysis role with strong quantitative and analytical skills and a proven track record of turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information
- Experience using relational database systems and optimizing SQL queries. PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other relational database experience is required with strong skills in writing advanced SQL functions and procedures
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, data modeling, and data visualization tools to deliver results
- Knowledge of Excel as an advanced modeling tool
- Awareness and desire to work with complex data analytics, data products, and Big Data technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Experience with the technologies we use (Sisense, PostgreSQL, Amazon Athena)
- Experience with Python or R for analytics, and a strong understanding of the statistical models used for descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Experience using our issue tracking software (JIRA) and documentation wiki (Confluence)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs
- Experience with integrating with RESTful APIs for data extraction and synchronization
- Comfortable engaging directly with internal and external customers to enhance alignment and success across the business.
- Project experience with the proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently leveraging excellent organization and time-management skills.
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
Our Core Values
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.