Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
January 25, 2021
Job Title - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/SVP Finance
Location - Ithaca, NY preferred, remote eligible.
Position - Full Time
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
You’ll partner with executive leadership to align everyone at Rosie around how we create financial value. You will report to the CEO and be involved and engaged in reporting to our board. You’ll bring fast-growth technology startup experience, and be mission-driven and goal-oriented.
You'll assess, develop, advise, implement, manage, continuously review and maintain financial and people-operations related activities.
Capital Markets, Funding, and Growth
- Ensure Rosie is adequately funded by partnering with executive leadership to communicate frequently and effectively with our Board and current and potential investors about strategic goals, KPIs, financial plans, and results.
- Be a key member of the team planning and executing Rosie’s growth strategy (where, when), and tactics (capital allocation to drive patient growth).
Strategy & Business Decisions
- Partner with executive leadership and board to guide strategy and growth.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and analytics lead to design, implement, and automate OKRs and KPIs to drive successful outcomes.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and vendors
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Engage with leadership and experts to develop a comprehensive and dynamic understanding of revenue and cost drivers in our business, confirm the biggest pockets of impactable cost, and ensure we have a strategy to address them while building our capacity to manage cost in real-time.
- Be responsible for financial modeling; budgeting and forecasting; budget adherence and implementation as well as advising on capital allocation within departmental budgets.
- Coordinate across Rosie on revenue tracking, collection, and recognition tied to per-member-per-month and fee-for-service revenue models.
- Engage with and manage our external and internal accounting resources
Controls & Compliance
- Manage legal affairs, including corporate and healthcare regulatory issues, and legal relationships.
- Manage human resources, including policies, benefits, talent acquisition/development/retention, and culture coordination
- Ensure regulatory adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) established by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and other regulatory entities, while limiting impact on cost-effective operations and growth
- Be responsible for Rosie’s infrastructure: physical plant including office space, asset acquisition and tracking, and supplies.
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure effective operations, especially relating to budget planning, adherence, and reporting on OKRs and KPIs as defined.
- Ensure customer, vendor, employee safety at all times.
Systems & Reporting
- Manage vendor relationships across Rosie, with responsibility for legal, FinOps, and shared responsibility for customer and vendor relationships.
You'll be a good fit if you bring:
- Experience scaling a software related startup (required), and specific fluency with ecommerce, payments, accounts receivable management as well fundraising (preferred)
- 10+ years of financial experience
- Startup environment experience dealing with rapid growth and change - preferably venture-backed series A/B/C/D
- Experience with Zenefits and Quickbooks Online is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree and CPA preferred
- As a senior leader in the company, we would expect you to spend 1 week a month at our Ithaca, NY headquarters to work with the team in person. Individuals seeking this role should have a desire to travel as needed to industry conferences/events and investor/client meetings to support the growth and acceleration of the business.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team orientated: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every road block with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.