August 17, 2020
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY | Remote
Position: Full Time
Title: DevOps Engineer
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
As a DevOps engineer, your focus will be on building the tools that empower our development and QA teams, including CI/CD pipelines, automating the deployment and monitoring of software systems, and planning and creating scalable infrastructure as code.
You will be supported by best-in-class peers in design, engineering, and testing who are all on the same mission.
This job is right for you if:
- You want to build a world-class product
- You love learning new things
- You want to work with a team of highly motivated and collaborative peers
- You always put the user first
- You want to ship code often
- You care about code quality and maintainability
- You want to change the world (with groceries)
- Experience with primary AWS services (CloudFormation, EC2, ELB, S3, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience designing and maintaining cloud infrastructure for web applications
- Understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment strategies
- Experience with Linux operating systems & servers
- Experience with process automation
- Experience with database architecture and SQL queries
- Experience troubleshooting incidents in production systems
You are extra awesome if you have
- Experience with New Relic or similar APM solutions
- Experience with network infrastructure
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
Our Core Values
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.