January 26, 2021
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY
Position: Full Time
Title: HR Assistant
The industry-leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Perform administrative work, including scheduling, maintaining, and updating files.
- Track and update employee vacation time and leaves of absence.
- Support and be a liaison to the accounting department to assist with payroll changes/updates and resolving any payroll errors.
- Assist the HR Team with the hiring/recruiting process, including submitting job postings online and scheduling candidate interviews.
- Setup and assist in onboarding new employees.
- Assists with the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and a notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Support and coordinate company-wide information meetings such as new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Create and run culture coordination events to support building a vibrant and engaged company culture.
- Proofreading and editing contract requests from internal team members (Sales & Account Management)
- Sending contracts to customers via DocuSign and facilitating sign-off
- Contract management, organization, and back-up storage
- Assist in vendor relationship management
- Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (rent, cleaning, service, etc.)
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
- Coordinate meals and catering upon request
- Ensure the office space is a clean and productive work space for Rosie team members
Qualifications / Skills
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to respect strict confidentiality guidances
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dependability as this is a role that is key to support the well-being and happiness of Rosie team members
- Scheduling to ensure timely completion of projects and management of recruiting lifecycle
- Orienting employees
- Verbal communication
- +5 years of experience in HR, Office Management, or Bookkeeping roles
- Experience with Slack, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Indeed and Linkedin as recruiting skills
- Previous startup and/or ecommerce experience
- Previous recruiting experience, especially in software development roles
Our Core Values
We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred
We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary
We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.