Junior Quality Assurance Analyst (Front-End)
February 10, 2021
Location - Remote eligible (Ithaca, NY a plus)
Position - Full Time
Job Title - Junior Quality Assurance Analyst (Front-End)
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup
As a quality assurance analyst, you will act as the voice for our shoppers, retail partners, and internal stakeholders. Together we are building the next generation of the Rosie Platform to bring the joy of online grocery to an even larger audience while maintaining (and improving) our speed, quality, and experience. Individuals interested in this position should expect to be consistently active with not only testing in an Agile environment but also with putting together the processes and documentation that ensure smooth testing and releases.
You will be supported by the entire technology team: consisting of best-in-class peers in design, engineering, testing, and DevOps who are all on the same mission.
This role will include manual front-end testing, exploratory testing, and user story-driven requirement testing. QA Analysts will be expected to create and run test scripts for all Rosie products and write defect and story tickets when applicable, as well as internally-facing documentation when needed.
This job is right for you if
- You want to build a world-class product
- You love learning new things
- You want to work with a team of highly motivated and collaborative peers
- You always put the user first
- You want to ship code often
- You care about code quality and maintainability
- You want to be trusted to make an impact
- You want to change the world (with groceries)
- 2+ years testing or similar experience. (This can include customer support, troubleshooting, or user experience/acceptance testing).
- Experience documenting and communicating instructions or processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- 1+ years of customer service, retail, or ecommerce domain knowledge.
You are extra awesome if you have
- Experience as a manual software tester.
- Familiarity with ADA Compliance (the WCAG 3.1 standard).
- Experience using issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Experience troubleshooting, particularly in establishing Root Cause.
- Experience collaborating with a design/product team.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology.
- Familiarity with/Interest in process improvement and/or design.
- Experience testing mobile platforms including but not limited to Android & iOS.
We’re not about the fancy linguistics or the over-complication of simple tasks. If team meetings with laughter, projects in which you can take ownership, and software that makes you proud are what you’re after - let us know.
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
- We are never bored
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team orientated: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every roadblock with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.