March 19, 2021
Job Title - Product Designer
Location - Remote eligible (Ithaca, NY a plus)
Position - Full Time
The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
As a Product Designer you will design for the entire suite of Rosie products used by our internal team, users and retailers — creating amazing and beautiful user experiences. You'll encounter countless UX challenges and tons of pixels for you to push while using your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Perform research on features that have been released or will be released to quantify their impact on revenue, conversion and happiness
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinate to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet business expectations
- Conduct product and user experience interviews to help identify feature opportunities and feedback
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in user interface design, human factors, computer science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a product designer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Artistic and innovative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Meticulous and diligent
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- Portfolio reflecting diverse experience in user-centered design
- Experience with Sketch, Figma
- Experience with Prototyping, ie Invision
- Experience with the Adobe Suite of products, ie Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with collaborative software, ie Slack, Jira, Confluence
- We provide the software and tools for you to succeed.
- Our excellent team environment will nurture your talents.
- We value results over experience and tenure.
- We live to create moments that deliver delight.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team Oriented: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every roadblock with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.