Quality Assurance Analyst (Back-End)
September 09, 2020
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY (Remote available)
Position: Full Time
Title: Quality Assurance Analyst (Back-End)
Rosie is an industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web. Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
As a quality assurance analyst you will act as the voice for our shoppers, retail partners, and internal stake holders. Together we are building the next generation of the Rosie Platform to bring the joy of online grocery to an even larger audience while maintaining (and improving) our speed, quality, and experience. Individuals interested in this position should expect to be consistently active with not only testing in an Agile environment, but also with putting together the processes and documentation that ensure smooth testing and releases.
You will be supported by the entire technology team: consisting of best-in-class peers in design, engineering, testing, and devops who are all on the same mission.
This role will include manual front-end and back-end testing, exploratory testing, and user story driven requirement testing. QA Analysts will be expected to create and run test scripts for all Rosie products and write defect and story tickets when applicable, as well as internally-facing documentation when needed.
This job is right for you if:
- You want to build a world class product
- You love learning new things
- You want to work with a team of highly motivated and collaborative peers
- You always put the user first
- You want to ship code often
- You care about code quality and maintainability
- You want to change the world (with groceries)
- 2+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience.
- 2+ years "Manual" Testing Experience.
- Experience documenting and communicating new software features.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience testing mobile platforms including but not limited to Android & iOS.
You are extra awesome if you have
- Familiarity with ETL testing/products.
- Familiarity with/experience in database testing.
- Familiarity with/experience with ecommerce testing, including but not limited to payment processing.
- Experience integration testing.
- Experience using issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Experience troubleshooting, particularly in establishing Root Cause.
- Experience collaborating with a design/product team.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology.
- Familiarity with/Interest in process improvement and/or design.
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team Oriented: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every roadblock with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.