Retail Support Specialist
August 17, 2020
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY (Remote available)
Position: Full Time
Title: Retailer Support Specialist
The industry-leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide ecommerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
Retailer Support Specialists will assist the Rosie Support and Software Development teams with operational implementation projects, support and troubleshooting needs, as well as the overall IT needs for Rosie team members.
- Reviews advanced issues through research and problem-solving relating to areas of responsibility.
- Analyzes circumstances involved with client support and determine the best solution.
- Assesses complex situations and applies sound judgment in determining the need for escalation, documentation, or other next steps.
- Capable of quickly breaking difficult problems down, locating the source, and coming up with valuable resolutions for issues that may affect multiple users.
- Manage operational implementation projects from end to end with minimal oversight.
- Provide regular, clear, concise communications to internal/external clients and third parties.
- Provide technical support as required for internal and external clients.
- Retain a deep understanding of the Rosie platform and how it interacts with various store environments.
- Apply Rosie product knowledge and independent judgment when creating effective solutions that meet the business needs of Rosie’s clients.
- Handle client questions and issues using multiple mediums such as telephone, email, online help.
- Communicate with client to identify symptoms, causes, and solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Trusted to make sound decisions with minimal managerial guidance in sensitive situations.
- Communicate with development operations, product development, and quality assurance staff during the escalation and resolution of issues as directed by senior support and software development staff.
- Support technical needs regarding the implementation of new systems (onboarding) for customers as required.
- Document all client issues in client call solution systems.
- Test functional solutions to client issues prior to implementation.
- Manage open client issues (tickets) prior to implementation and timely updates regarding the status of these cases.
- Ensure service level standards are achieved as defined by management.
- Assist other Rosie Departments by reviewing user guides, operations, and documentation prior to formal release.
- Assist in creating training guides, procedure documents, and other resources.
- Assist in creating productivity and tracking tools as required by the department manager.
- Act as a mentor and escalation point to the team who regularly guides other technicians in a way that they can learn and gain knowledge from the experience.
- Participate in establishing and achieving individual goals.
- Remain focused, flexible, and take initiative in working towards the company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential function of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business application areas, computer science, or a related field required.
- Experience as a Technical Specialist and/or Tier II Support, including working on technology-related projects required.
- Naturally inquisitive
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage workload and regularly meet deadlines
- Ability to follow, assess and improve processes
- Strong work ethic
- Strong time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and in a matrix organization
- Advanced product installation knowledge
- General software/product testing skills
- General knowledge of web services
- General knowledge of Rosie’s product (following training on the product, if new to the company)
- Experience with using and/or supporting POS systems
- Familiarity with Stripe and FirstData/Fiserv payment processing
- Experience JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk, Slack
- Experience communicating with C-Suite executive staff
- We provide the software and tools for you to succeed.
- Our excellent team environment will nurture your talents.
- We value results over experience and tenure.
- We live to create moments that deliver delight.
- No special physical demands.
- Full time remote if not located in the Ithaca, New York area.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.