Senior Back-End Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
August 13, 2020
Rosie is an industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web. Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
Senior Back-End Software Engineer
(Ruby on Rails)
As a senior back-end engineer your focus will be building new services, automating business processes, integrating with third party partners, and helping refactor the existing platform to maintain performance as we continue to scale.
You will be supported by best-in-class peers in design, engineering, testing, and devops who are all on the same mission.
This job is right for you if
- You want to build a world class product
- You love learning new things
- You want to work with a team of highly motivated and collaborative peers
- You always put the user first
- You want to ship code often
- You care about code quality and maintainability
- You want to change the world (with groceries)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Software Engineering, Application Development, Computer Science, or similar.
- Expert understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience refactoring legacy codebases.
- Experience building RESTful web services using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with ORM and optimizing query performance.
- Experience building unit tests for Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of database design, entity relationships, and normalization.
- Understanding of algorithm complexity and Big 0 notation.
- Familiar with version control best practices (Git).
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and have experience working on a team using one or more defined methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc)
You are extra awesome if you have
- Experience using issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Familiarity with AWS, cloud based hosting, and serverless computing.
- Experience collaborating with a design team.
- Experience collaborating with a QA team.
- Experience with search engines like SOLR or ElasticSearch.
- Experience with some of the libraries we use (Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, RSpec, Devise, OmniAuth.)
- You can make an impact
- Our team will help you grow
- We will provide the tools for you to succeed
- We offer comprehensive salary and benefits (health insurance, dental, 401k, unlimited vacation)
- We live to create moments that deliver delight
Our Core Values
We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred
We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary
We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.