SVP, Business Development
May 10, 2021
Location - Remote, Ithaca (Optional)
Position - Full Time
Rosie is the most trusted, locally focused ecommerce company. We partner with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide customers with same-day delivery or in-store pickup options, helping shoppers discover products from local stores.
Launched in 2013, our company is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores. It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving alongside our brick and mortar retail partners and the communities they proudly serve.
In January 2021 Rosie raised $10M in Series A financing to aggressively expand this model across the United States. Rosie is growing quickly and we’re excited about the possibility of you joining our team.
In this role, the SVP, Business Development is accountable for driving better integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions, including sales (direct, channel, and brand), marketing, pricing, revenue tracking management, and 3rd party ecosystem partnerships.
In short, the SVP, Business Development is responsible for all activities that generate revenue. Since these functions extend across multiple teams, a good SVP, Business Development must maintain an excellent communication framework across the various organizational functions and share best practices among the revenue stream managers in order to maximize revenue production.
Like with any revenue leader, the performance of the SVP, Business Development must be evaluated to ensure maximum return to the company, its customers, and its stakeholders. Success criteria for this role will focus on the following areas:
- Mid-Large Regional Chain acquisition: Leads the sales effort into mid to large regional grocery chains, managing complex sales processes with c-suite leadership
- CPG/Brand Partnerships: Acquire and grow relationships with the largest brands/CPGs in the world to drive increased ecommerce revenue, basket size, and shopper engagement.
- Partners Ecosystem: Nourish and grow our vendor partners relationships to provide extreme value to our shoppers, retailers, wholesalers, and Rosie
- Sales performance: Sales strategies and tactics should aim to sell each product to the most valuable segment with a focus on generating the most revenue possible
- Product creation: Micro-markets should be properly identified and segmented, with new products created, defined, and launched for each
- Pricing strategies: Prices for each product should correlate with each target markets perceived value of that product and ensure product availability that generates the highest return
- Pricing execution: A firm must have tools and processes for determining optimal prices that align product value with specific market segments
- Advertising and promotion effectiveness: Expenditures on marketing and advertising activities must generate revenue and be analyzed and refined to isolate the activities that generate the greatest ROI
- Distribution effectiveness: All possible channels must be evaluated to identify the channels that provide the most effective and profitable means of distribution
- Delivery: The quality of revenue generation activities should positively affect the ability of the company to maximize revenue
- Customer satisfaction: Corporate communication processes should maintain complete customer feedback to ensure customer satisfaction
You'll be a good fit if you are:
- Results-oriented: A SVP, Business Development assumes a long-term, integrated perspective while also striving to drive quarterly revenue results – he or she commits to short-term results, forecasts future revenue, and takes accountability for both short-term success and longer-term strategy
- A market maker: A SVP, Business Development works closely with the executive team and others to craft and communicate the company’s vision and then transform that vision into a long-term strategy for pioneering new markets and opportunities
- Lead from the front: A SVP, Business Development must be able to see and clearly communicate the company vision and the revenue strategy across all relevant functions and ensure the right goals are defined and met
- Have strong business acumen: As a business leader first, this person must regularly measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness, form strategic product road maps, create market positioning and competitive advantages, and determine budget trade-offs with a goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results
- Are data-driven / metrics-driven: The right candidate creates a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results
- Are a wise arbiter: The best bizdev leaders understand and embrace the differences between marketing and sales, while at the same time establishing processes to ensure their coordination across the full revenue cycle to ensure the greatest revenue growth possible
- Experience scaling a SaaS or ecommerce marketplace related startup or marketing team
- 10+ years of sales leadership and management experience, with fluency in both B2B and B2C businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or relevant area of study
- Prior experience working with mid-large retail chains, cooperative and privately-held wholesalers, and top 20 brands
- Prior experience within online grocery, brands/CPGs, and/or food tech industries
- Proven ability to manage the full customer lifecycle
- Experience managing and coordinating several teams working on different projects towards a shared objective
- As a senior leader in the company, we would like you to spend time at our Ithaca, NY headquarters to work with the team in person. Individuals seeking this role should have a desire to travel as needed to industry conferences/events and investor/client meetings to support the growth and acceleration of the business.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team-oriented: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every road block with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.