April 07, 2021
Job Title - SVP Marketing
Location - Ithaca, NY preferred, remote eligible.
Position - Full Time
Rosie is the most trusted, locally focused ecommerce company. We partner with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide customers with same-day delivery or in-store pickup options, helping shoppers discover products from local stores.
Launched in 2013, our company is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores. It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving alongside our brick and mortar retail partners and the communities they proudly serve.
In January 2021 Rosie raised $10M in Series A financing to aggressively expand this model across the United States. Rosie is growing quickly and we’re excited about the possibility of you joining our team.
As SVP of Marketing you’ll be responsible for the acquisition and relationship management of both our shoppers and retail partners, in addition to managing the Rosie brand. You will report to the CEO and lead our Marketing Team. You’ll bring fast-growth technology startup experience, and be mission-driven and goal-oriented.
The SVP of Marketing will take our company vision and ensure all marketing and CRM efforts are strategically interwoven, efficiently executed, driven by data, and aligned with company goals and strategy.
You and your team will own 4 key areas of responsibility:
1. Market to prospective retailer partners to drive demand generation for Sales
- Own and strategize the full retail partner acquisition funnel and CRM/retention effort, including organizing events for lead generation and developing awareness campaigns for prospective retailers
- Create and refine individual and group buyer personas for our prospective retailers, identifying appropriate channels that track the retailer journey cycle and help implement workflow automation
- Implement trackable digital and email activities, following prospective retailers through their buyer journey using data to create lead scoring from our activities, optimize marketing mix and messaging
- Gain, maintain, and proliferate an intimate knowledge of our prospective retailers and their most pressing challenges, through market analysis, research, and direct buyer/influencer interaction
- Solidify and maintain relationships with current retailers, wholesalers, and industry groups who can assist with referral marketing campaigns and develop systems to measure success to make strategic recommendations to the sales team and executive leadership
2. Market to new and existing shoppers to drive Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV), through the Rosie platform, and maintain retention
- Own the full shopper acquisition funnel and CRM/retention effort
- Develop strategy and financial model to market to shoppers at scale and across the US
- Grow and nourish our shopper audience via digital consumer acquisition and lifecycle management
- Execute effective Performance Marketing and SEO to drive additional profitable demand to Rosie’s retailer partners
- Partner with Rosie CPG Brand Managers to create plus up opportunities for shoppers leveraging seasonally relevant brand content and exclusive offers
- Champion the shopper at product leadership meetings when considering features and upgrades to assist in driving additional demand to the platform
3. Market to our current retailer and wholesaler partners to ensure retention and reduce churn
- Be passionate and lead efforts of the marketing team for greater impact in a noisy, competitive market
- Create and bring to life integrated marketing programs to connect with our current retailer and wholesaler partners to address their pain points
- Partner with our Account Management team to increase retention, reduce churn, and drive expansion and module upsells through compelling content and thoughtful communication to our current retailer and wholesaler clients
4. Market to the industry at large to build our reputation and visibility for the Rosie brand
- Bring the experience of brand building strategies to the table
- Enjoy problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively, and love the satisfaction of awesome execution
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and implement various tools for our marketing technology stack
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience scaling a SaaS or ecommerce marketplace related startup or marketing team
- 10+ years of marketing management experience, with fluency in both B2B and B2C businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or relevant area of study
- Familiarity or previous work within online grocery, CPGs, and/or food tech industries
- Proven ability to run integrated campaigns with proven results (not limited to email marketing, PR, digital, social media, and content), to connect with our stakeholders to address their pain points and ensure growth and success
- Proven ability to manage the full customer lifecycle
- Experience managing and coordinating several teams working on different projects towards a shared objective
- As a senior leader in the company, we would like you to spend time at our Ithaca, NY headquarters to work with the team in person. Individuals seeking this role should have a desire to travel as needed to industry conferences/events and investor/client meetings to support the growth and acceleration of the business.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team Oriented: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every road block with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and Diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.