March 15, 2021
Job Title - SVP Support
Location - Ithaca, NY preferred, remote eligible.
Position - Full Time
_________________________________________________________The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
You’ll partner with the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) and executive leadership to align everyone at Rosie around how we deliver delight through best-in-class platform support. You will report to the CCO and be involved and engaged in reporting to executive leadership. You’ll bring fast-growth technology startup experience, and be mission-driven and goal-oriented.
You'll assess, develop, advise, implement, manage, continuously review and maintain shopper support, retailer support, and support operations related activities.
- Ensure Rosie is providing delightful service to retailers and online shopper while maintaining financial goals for the department
- Set and manage to strategic goals, KPIs, financial plans, and results.
Strategy & Business Decisions
- Partner with executive leadership and board to guide strategy and growth.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and analytics lead to design, implement, and automate OKRs and KPIs to drive successful outcomes.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors for the department
Support Planning & Analysis
- Engage with leadership and experts to develop a comprehensive and dynamic understanding of support revneue and cost drivers in the department, confirm the biggest pockets of impactable cost, and ensure we have a strategy to address them while building our capacity to manage cost in real-time.
- Be responsible for budgeting and capacity management; budget adherence and implementation within the support department budget.
Day to Day Operations
A successful SVP of Support will do the following:
- Manage the two divisions of Support - leads the Head of Retailer Support and Head of Shopper Support to reach company goals as outlined above
- Ask questions - Look at the stats and ask for the stories behind the stats. Find out if statistical outliers are actually major causes for concern just below the surface. Trust and verify by asking for facts and by talking to the customers directly.
- Look for patterns - You will own the support experience from the first phone call, email, or chat message through the agregated reporting of thousands of support tickets per year. You’ll try to find out what is happening this week and what has been happening over time (last month, last quarter, last year). You’ll pair the data from support with the outside activity of the company including order volume, new retailers, and seasonal order flow changes.
- Solve underlying problems - Each ticket is a bump reached by a retailer or shopper in thier pursuit of shopping or fulfilling online orders. Use the resources of the team to indentify the problem and solve the ticket and to understand and solve the underlying problem.
- Review conversations in slack channels - Use the internal communications channels (i.e. slack) to identify gaps in technology or training or software or documentation. Upon identifying gaps work to eliminate them going forward.
- Maintain a control on the cost of goods (labor) on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. You will determine with the company leadership of the goal and work to reach the goal consistently.
- Suggest alternative methods - Rosie values the phase ‘Nothing is sacred’. If there are methods we are using (software, process, procedures) and they are not effective, you will research and advocate for change.
- Operate a data driven support department - use the data of the department to make the best decisions for sustainable growth.
You'll be a good fit if you bring:
- Experience scaling a software related startup (required), and specific fluency with ecommerce
- 10+ years of software support management experience
- Startup environment experience dealing with rapid growth and change - preferably venture-backed series A/B/C/D
- Experience with Zendesk and Atlassian is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree (MBA) preferred
- As a senior leader in the company, we would expect you to spend 1 week a quarter at our Ithaca, NY headquarters to work with the team in person. Individuals seeking this role should have a desire to travel as needed to industry conferences/events and investor/client meetings to support the growth and acceleration of the business.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary: We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Team Oriented: By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every road block with an intention of powerful progress.
Intellectual Curiosity: We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Personal Responsibility: Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
Nothing Is Sacred: We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Inclusion and diversity: We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.