Support and Operations Specialist - Tier 2
March 08, 2021
Location: HQ, Ithaca NY
Position: Full Time
Title: Support and Operations Specialist
The industry-leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
Tier 2 Support and Operations Specialists will assist the Rosie Support and Software Development teams with client support and troubleshooting needs, as well as the overall IT needs for Rosie team members.
- Provide technical support as required for internal and external clients relating to the Rosie platform and POS data files and file transfers.
- Apply Rosie product knowledge and independent judgement when creating effective solutions that meet the business needs of Rosie’s clients.
- Handle client questions and issues using multiple mediums such as telephone, email, online help.
- Communicate with client to identify symptoms, causes, and solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Accept and retain ownership for client issues using appropriate escalation path to ensure resolution of issues.
- Trusted to make sound decisions with minimal managerial guidance in sensitive situations.
- Communicate with development operations, product development and quality assurance staff during the escalation and resolution of issues as directed by senior support and software development staff.
- Support technical needs regarding implementation of new systems (onboarding) for customers as required. This includes direct work with Rosie’s importer review process.
- Retain thorough knowledge of Rosie products.
- Document all client issues in client call solution systems.
- Test functional solutions to client issues prior to implementation.
- Manage open client issues (tickets) prior to implementation and timely updates regarding status of these cases.
- Work assigned shifts and off-duty, on-call shifts as required.
- Ensure service level standards are achieved as defined by management.
- Assist other Rosie Departments by reviewing user guides, operations, and documentation prior to formal release.
- Act as a mentor and escalation point to the team who regularly guides other technicians in a way that they can learn and gain knowledge from the experience.
- Assist in creating training guides, procedure documents, and other resources.
- Assist in creating productivity and tracking tools as required by department manager.
- Participate in establishing and achieving individual goals.
- Remain focused, flexible, and take initiative in working towards the company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential function of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business applications areas, computer science, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience working on a helpdesk/technical support team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to follow process.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and in a matrix organization.
- Intermediate MS Office Skills.
- Intermediate understanding of major RDBS with emphasis on MS SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of desktop OS
- Advanced product installation knowledge
- General software/product testing skills
- General knowledge of web services
- General knowledge of Rosie’s product (following training on the product, if new to the company)
- Familiarity with Stripe and FirstData/Fiserv payment processing
- Experience JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk, Slack
- Experience communicating with C-Suite executive staff
- Grocery/POS experience
- We provide the software and tools for you to succeed.
- Our excellent team environment will nurture your talents.
- We value results over experience and tenure.
- We live to create moments that deliver delight.
- On-call/after-hours support as required.
- No special physical demands.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.