Whether it’s pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, or a platter of sandwiches for Memorial day, families across the United States have beloved traditions and trusted routines that make the holidays special for them – and it’s all the better if they don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen!
But, with online grocery taking a larger role than ever for independent retailers, the need for prepared foods hasn’t diminished. Grocers need to reevaluate how they provide prepared foods for these celebrations to allow for customizations and customer requests.
Check out how Cater can increase online grocery sales for your independent supermarket while enabling the same level of great service you provide in-store – or get in touch today to see how this can apply to your store.
What is Cater?
Rosie knows that some of the most unique products that an independent grocery store sells are crafted right there onsite! But that doesn’t always translate to the ecommerce platform that your grocery store is using to sell online – we want to help you bring your delicious options to your customers for an experience they can’t find anywhere else.
While many think of catering as a service for large parties or weddings, our team is redefining the concept: this Rosie product enables you to sell customizable meals and cater solutions for your customers with the products you already have in-store.
Not quite ready for total ecommerce for your grocery store? That’s okay! Our module can be added to an existing online site, be a separate Cater micro-site, or both.
How Can it Help You Increase Your Online Grocery Sales
Cater by Rosie makes placing orders simple and stress-free by enabling your customers to do everything online. They can easily browse options, add items to their cart, and check out all in one place without the usual back-and-forth with your catering department.
Here are just a couple of the ways that Cater can put more money in your pocket.
Offer Items That Are Truly Special and Truly Unique
- Incorporating Cater into your grocery ecommerce program means you can offer your customers something your competition cannot. Unlike big-name retailers, independent grocers can foster a personalized connection to the community with local or super fresh meal options that customers can’t get anywhere else – giving them a reason to come to you.
Increase Range on Offer and Basket Sizes
- Having this function for your business can take your grocery ecommerce and skyrocket basket size, increasing your profit margins along with it. Customers will be placing an order for that irresistible $30 appetizer platter alongside their regular grocery items!
Make it Easy For Customers to Buy
- Even without the ecommerce abilities for grocery, Cater allows your customers to access your prepared food options online – meaning they can put an order in at their convenience, whether they’re browsing at 2pm or 2am, increasing the likelihood of an order. Plus – with the scheduled lead times, regardless of when the order comes in, you can ensure your staff has plenty of time to give the order the attention it requires.
Expand Your Reach
- Nobody makes hoagies quite like you – and taking this talent into the online grocery game allows more people in your local community and beyond to experience them. Once you have them hooked, they’ll be back for more – increasing your customer base, your ability to retain them, and ultimately the profit you make too!
How Do You Get Started
Your Cater offering can be as simple or elaborate as your team prefers. Start small with homemade soups or salads and work your way up to Sunday dinners with all the fixings. From subs for a family lunch to elegant meat and cheese platters for an intimate holiday gathering, your Cater meal options allow families to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with loved ones.
To grow online grocery orders with Cater, follow this simple checklist:
Take great photos.
- These days, no need to be a professional – that smartphone in your pocket will do! High res, mouthwatering photos of the items you’re offering can really engage customers and tempt them into tasting a new offering.
Craft simple but descriptive copy to accompany your product images.
- In addition to describing how delicious each dish is, make sure to include serving size, allergy information, and any available customizations or substitutions using product modifiers.
Identify complementary products to sell alongside your catering offering.
- Someone ordering a lasagna meal for 20? Suggest napkins, plates, cutlery, and beverages to give customers a convenient and seamless experience.
Communicate ideas and challenges with your catering team.
- Proactive and collaborative discussions ensure your program runs smoothly and your customers are satisfied.
There is no better time to showcase your specialty prepared food options with Cater. As we look forward to a bright and sun-filled summer, calendars are soon to fill with potlucks, bbqs and long-awaited parties – there’ll be no time to cook!